|Real Name||Jonathan Lyndale Kirk|
|Born||December 22, 1991|
|Age||28 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||Album Baby on Baby (2019)
peaked at number 7 on the Billboard 200
|Birthplace||Cleveland, Ohio, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet – 5’11”|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Net Worth||Approx USD 3 million (As of 2020)|
|Salary||$3,012.75 – $5,021.25|
If you are an avid fan of rap music then you should have come across the name DaBaby. Asides this, what other information do you have about DaBaby and his life? Probably nothing.
We understand this and have put together some key facts about his life. This post will show you a little about his history, net worth, and lifestyle. Without further ado, let’s check him out.
Origin and early
What better way to start this discussion than by checking out his origin. In this section, we will provide you information about DaBayby’s origin and early life.
- DaBaby hails from Charlotte, one of the cities in North Carolina. This makes him a rapper of American origin.
- He was born in Cleveland, Ohio on 22nd December 1991. That makes him 29-years-old. His parents christened him Jonathan Kirk and as a kid, he spent most of his time on the streets of Charlotte. He and his family had moved back to Charlotte not long after he was born.
- The young Jonathan had numerous run-ins with law enforcement as a kid on the streets. Soon, he had built himself an unimpressive reputation for committing several crimes. Some of these include using a revoked driver’s license and possession of marijuana.
- As a result of his crimes, DaBaby was arrested severally by the North Carolina police department.
- Soon Jonathan Kirk dived headlong into music. Why did he do this? He had one aim, to touch the lives of people all over the world. According to him, his biggest weapon at the time to achieve his aim was his music.
- By December 2014, he had gone into rapping full time. When he first started out, he took on “Baby Jesus” as his moniker. Not too long after, he adopted “DaBaby” instead. What was the reason for the switch? Many people viewed his previous name as flag raising and conflicting, most of all, it didn’t fit the industry.
Career and Album work
How much do you know about DaBaby’s career and albums? In this section, we will cover this topic.
- DaBaby released Non-Fiction in 2015. This was his debut mixtape, the one many people believe kick-started his career. However, this is not the foundation he was hoping for as the mixtape didn’t gather so much attention.
- The poor feedback from “Non-Fiction” led him back to the studio to record another mixtape. In 2016, he presented us with another mixtape titled “God’s Work: Resurrected.” This gave him the spark he desired and acted as a springboard for his career to take off.
- The most famous track on his second mixtape was “Light Show.” Since its release, the song has attracted several million hits on YouTube, SoundCloud, and Datpiff. If we look at this second mixtape from the viewpoint of views, it did pretty well.
- DaBaby has continued to record and release new mixtapes within intervals of a few months. One of such mixtapes is DaBaby’s signature series “Baby Talk.” So far, he has released five volumes of this mixtape with the latest coming out in November 2018. It was titled “Blank Blank.”
- Obviously, DaBaby hasn’t been too long as a rapper. Nevertheless, he has already collaborated with the likes of Lil Baby, Blac Youngster, Moneybagg Yo, and many others.
- Just about the time of the release of “Blank Blank” in November 2018, DaBaby allegedly got into trouble. It was said that he had killed someone while defending himself from a runner in Wal-Mart. Initially, this was thought to be a rumor that didn’t hold water.
- Even though it was believed to be a rumor, the incident actually happened. He did shoot and kill a 19-year-old by the name Jalyn Domonique Craig. The result of his action was a year of unsupervised probation.
- Only a few months later, precisely 23rd January 2019, Dababy released an interesting statement. According to him, he had signed a juicy deal with a record label, Interscope Record. Already, he was signed under South Coast Music Group so he signed a contract binding both labels.
- This contract saw DaBaby record and release his debut label album on 1st March 2019. The album was titled “Baby on Baby” and it featured thirteen tracks. He worked with several artists on this project including Rich The Kid, Stunna 4 Vegas, Rich Homie Quan, and Offset.
- With this album, DaBaby made a major statement and huge strides in the music industry. He has released a couple of hit singles with the hottest so far being “Suge.” Suge has enjoyed a lot of success with more than 450 million streams in a period of 7 months.
- DaBaby and Megan The Stallion collaborated on “Cash Shit”. He also worked with Lil Baby and Quality Control on the song “Baby.”
- October 7, 2019, saw DaBaby get the best news of his career. His new album titled “Kirk” had reached number 1 on the Billboard 200. This was the first time any of his albums will rank so high, a gargantuan achievement.
- The BET Awards of 2019 saw him get even better news. DaBaby got the award of the “Best New Hip-Hop Artist.”
At this point, it is important to state that not much is known about DaBaby’s personal life. Even though he is very active on social media, he seems to be quite secretive about his personal life.
For example, we only know that he was born in Ohio but we don’t know who his parents are. He has over 1.94 million subscribers on YouTube and 5.8 million followers on Instagram. The rapper had a run-in with his team in 2017 for wearing a diaper to the SXSW.
Another known fact is that the rapper is dating someone but we have no idea who. It is said that the lady has two kids, a daughter and a son. According to him, when the time is right, he will let the world know who she is. Nothing is known about his previous dating history.
DaBaby is currently worth about $3 million. As you know, his primary income source is his music which is basically rapping and songwriting. In 2019, the rapper released his debut label album which ranked very high.
Towards the end of the year, he was named the “Best New Hip-Hop Act” at the BET Awards. His current net worth makes him one of the richest rap artists to come out of North Carolina. Over the last year, he has grown rapidly in popularity as one of the top rappers of American origin.
Arrests and controversies
DaBaby was arrested in January 2020 as a result of his connection with an ongoing robbery investigation. It was said that his crew had attacked and robbed one music producer. This individual was meant to pay the artist $30,000 but paid $20,000 which was the reason for the action.
The rapper was released from jail within 48 hours even though he was allegedly charged for battery.