There has always been great confusion when it comes to getting rid of the unwanted body hair. We, at worldoffemale.com, try to crack the code for you. Below we list down the difference between the two, so that you can choose the best option for the beautiful you.
- Technique: – No matter how hard you try; you end up with at least one cut while shaving off the unwanted hair & your skin also becomes very coarse. While you may not cut your skin in waxing, removing your hair through that painful method is definitely not for the faint-hearted. It’s like ripping off the skin from your body.
- Time & Money: – Shaving is very cheaper & quicker than waxing. All you need is a sharp razor & you get rid of all the unwanted hair. But the turn off is that, that portion will see hair growth again, in the next 3-4 days. Though, waxing can be quite a task, with use of wax & cloth strips and pulling the strip in the opposite direction to remove all the hair, but its results lasts longer & varies from 1 week to 8 weeks.
- Options Available: – With waxing, people have a lot of choices: hot wax, cold wax, sugar wax, beeswax, etc. For women with sensitive skin, hypo-allergenic wax comes to their rescue as it causes lesser irritation than other waxes. For the women who prefer shaving off their unwanted hair, there are two types of razors, disposable and electric razors. The disposable razors have some exotic options like razors with aloe strip, which help prevent skin irritation from shaving; razors infused with Acai Berry and skin nourishing Jojoba that soothe and hydrate your skin, etc. Electric shavers are divided into two types, foil shavers & rotary shavers based on the shaving mechanism. People with sensitive skin are advised & prefer shaving as it is less irritating to the skin than waxing. For a proper shave, the use of shaving gels is advisable & such products offer great variety to women like avocado, lavender, apricot, strawberry, mango, kiwi, etc.
- Travelling:- When you are travelling, you have two options: either to go in for waxing just a few days before your trip, so that your skin remains hairless for more days; or continue your regular waxing schedule & take your easy to use wax strips along, if need be. For regular shavers, carrying a razor along is no big deal, but for the regular wax users carrying & using wax outside the comfort of their homes & parlours can be quite difficult. While almost everyone prefers lighter luggage while travelling, wax requisites can be heavy & the tight schedule of your trip may not permit you the luxury of waxing.
- Density: Many women complain that after regular shaving, their hair has grown thicker & comes back quicker than it earlier did. On the other hand, regular wax users often observe that their hair became quite sparse and less as course over a period of time.
Apart from waxing & shaving, though there are other options like laser hair removal, it is not suitable for people with sensitive skin & specific allergies. People, who have excessive hair growth due to hormonal imbalance, do not find the results of this treatment satisfactory, as their hair grows back even after a successful laser treatment. It is only when the doctors treat the actual problem of their hormonal imbalance properly, can such people truly benefit from laser hair removal.
To sum it up, both waxing & shaving have their own sets of pros & cons. One can either make use of the two hair removing options alternatively, so at least one time they can have the luxury of more ‘no hair time’ & smoothness with waxing and one time the luxury of no pain & quick fix solution with shaving.