Are you on a strict diet? Well, just because you are dieting doesn’t mean you have to forego eating something sweet after your meal. That’s why low cal dessert recipes were created! Now you don’t have to feel guilty eating dessert. Low cal dessert recipes will not add any love handles to your figure! You can learn to satisfy your sweet cravings without compromising your waistline. Just grab some low cal dessert recipes and you are good to go.
There are a lot of reasons why people are on a diet. The most common reason is to stay fit and healthy. Other people are advised by their doctors to have a strict diet because of medical conditions.
Low cal dessert recipes are made for people who are constantly watching their weight. Dessert just might be the last thing you should deprive yourself of especially if you are trying to lose weight.
Doctors and dieticians recommend low cal dessert recipes because they are mostly made out of fresh fruits which are healthy for the body. In addition, the choice of low-fat milk and yogurt is also a healthier replacement of the normal cream ingredients of desserts.
Try any of these suggested low cal dessert recipes and find yourself eating your heart out without any health or weight risks.
Low Cal Dessert Recipes
Image Source : http://www.flickr.com/photos/hellokitty893112/2201005164/
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Buy yourself some apples and try this easy recipe.
- 9 cups baking apples sliced into ¼ inch thick (Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Northern Spy or Rome)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the apples in a slow cooker with a 4-quart size.
- Add cinnamon and sugar. Toss to make sure the apples are well-coated.
- Cover and cook until the apples are tender. Keep an eye on the apple as it should not be pureed.
- Add vanilla.
- Keep from fire and let cool.
- Place in a container and refrigerate. Serve chilled.
Orange Mint Greek Yogurt
6 tbsp Greek yogurt (fat-free)
1 ½ teaspoons honey
1 large orange (peeled, sliced and quartered)
4 thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- Mix honey and yogurt. Stir thoroughly.
- Place the orange slices in a bowl.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the orange.
- Top with mint.
- Chill and serve.