Moles are skin growths on your body and face. Several people have over 10 – 40 moles on their skin. In standard cases, moles can’t affect your skin because these are harmless. There is no need to remove them unless it starts bothering you. If a mole is changing your appearance, you can consider a cosmetic procedure for its removal.
Remember, it is necessary to remove an abnormal mole. If a mole is irritating you, its removal becomes the best option. Carefully evaluate the shape, size, and color of a mole because it can be a cautionary symptom of skin cancer. In this situation, visit a qualified dermatologist for your checkup. For professional help, start your search with a trustworthy platform, such as Ubiqi.
Unproven Home Remedies
- Some people find it tempting to remove a mole at home to save their money. They may use a mole cream or try to snip off a mole with clippers. Here are some unproven home remedies to remove moles.
- Use of apple cider vinegar to burn a mole off
- Cover your mole directly with garlic to lighten the pigmentation of harmless moles. If you don’t want to tape a slice of garlic, feel free to crush it in a food processor to make its paste. Apply this paste directly on your mole.
- Apply iodine to a mole to kill inner cells
- Cut off a mole with a razor blade or scissors
Some other remedies are banana peel, a blend of castor oil and baking soda, frankincense oil, tea tree oil, aloe vera, hydrogen peroxide, flaxseed oil, etc. Moreover, some doctors recommended mole removal creams are available at online stores and pharmacies. You can use these creams to scrape off the upper part of a mole. These products may take a few days to remove a mole.
Feel free to cover your mole with makeup as a temporary solution. Some vegetable and fruit juices may help you to remove moles. For instance, lemon juice is famous for its astringent or acidic elements. These juices can disappear or fade your mole
Removal at Home is Dangerous
People find it easy to use home removal methods, but these can be dangerous for your skin. Instead of trying these techniques, visit a dermatologist. There is no medical evidence to prove the safety and effectiveness of home treatments.
It is risky to cut a mole off with sharp objects, such as a razor blade or scissors. These tools can increase the risk of infection. Moreover, you may get a permanent scar on the place of the mole. DIY procedures of mole removal will not help you to understand if it is cancerous. A doctor can detect a melanoma through your moles.
Home remedies are backed by personal experience or anecdotal evidence. These may not have supporting medical evidence. Remember, a wrong remedy can damage your skin and increase the chances of discoloration. Before using a home remedy, you should consult a dermatologist.
Time to Visit a Dermatologist
If a mole is bothering you, visit a dermatologist for its removal. A doctor can find out if a mole is indicated toward skin cancer. They often use two effective and safe methods to remove moles.
- Surgical Shave: In this process, a doctor numbs the surroundings of a mole and shaves it off with a blade. This process will not need sutures or stitches.
- Surgical Excision: After numbing the area around your mole, the doctor cuts out an entire mole. To close your wound, the doctor uses sutures or stitches. See the complete guide of mole removal written by doctor here: https://ubiqi.sg/cost-of-mole-removal-in-singapore-by-aesthetic-doctor/
With both methods, a doctor may test your moles for cancer. If a mole is not bothering you, leave it without any treatment. Remember, a dermatologist can see the change in shape, size, or color of the mole. These may become symptoms of deadliest skin cancer, melanoma. By visiting a doctor, you can save your life.
Sometimes, mild acids prove helpful in removing moles. Make sure to use a prescription or over-the-counter version. Carefully follow the guidelines on the label to decrease possible damages to your healthy skin. Make sure to apply acid directly to your mole. It must not touch your unaffected skin.
Salicylic acid may help you to treat moles. Acid treatments are available in the form of creams, cleansing pads, sticks, liquids, and lotions. With an acid treatment, you may get rid of moles completely. In numerous cases, acid treatments may fade the appearance of your moles.