If you are suffering from the common problem of dark circles, then you certainly need to stop worrying first. Stress can darken them more! Before understanding what causes dark circles and how to get rid of them, avoid stress which can make things worse.
Various biological and hormonal changes lead to dark circles, besides lack of adequate sleep. Perhaps we all know this but our busy schedule hardly gives us time to look deep into this serious problem. So here we discuss a few ways that can surely help you get rid of dark circles and make your pretty eyes pop out.
Home Remedies for Dark Circles:
- Used in parlours and used at home, cucumber is the first option to solve the problem of dark circles. A Natural coolant, cucumber slices or its juice placed on dark areas around your eyes can help you get rid of dark circles. Use it thrice a week or every time you go for facial.
- Use a mixture of lemon juice, tomato juice and a pinch of turmeric powder to make a natural paste that will you get rid of the dark circles. Apply for 15 minutes to your eyes before you head for a bath.
- Keep used tea bags in the refrigerator and take them out after 15 minutes. Put them on your closed eyes and relax for at least 15 minutes. The cool tea bags will help in getting rid of dark circles.
- You can also use Cotton balls soaked in ice cold water and then applied to the eyes for 10 minutes to get rid of dark circles.
While these simple tips work to get rid of dark circles, the best one can do is to prevent having dark circles in the first place. Use these tips to prevent dark circles.
Tips to Prevent Dark Circles:
1) Stay out of the sun. Sunlight can be harsh and harmful for your skin. So use sunglasses and an umbrella whenever you are stepping out in sun. Always use sunscreen on your under eye area when stepping out.
2) Drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated. It helps in flushing out impurities from the body.
3) Consult a doctor to find out whether your skin is allergic to any particular kind of product. If yes, then avoid such products.
4) If your face wash says not to use it on under eye area, then take it seriously. Sometimes chemicals react on your skin and can leave dark circles or blemishes on your skin.
5) Get at least 8 hours of sleep at night. However, if you still see a few dark circles, make sure you apply an eye cream with high dosage of Vitamin C and Vitamin K that will fade away the dark circles soon. Leave the cream on overnight and find bright, radiant eyes in the morning.
Make-up Solution for Dark Circles:
While you are opting for home remedies to get rid of dark circles permanently, you may still want to cover them up for a night out. In such case, rely on your favourite make up to play the role of an angel.
- Concealer – The good old concealer that finds a place in every woman’s purse is perhaps the quickest way to hide dark circles. Dab some portion of concealer with your ring finger on the dark area and voila, see the magic. Available in almost all brands, concealer totally blends with your skin and other make up.
- Dark Circles Roll On – If you do not have access to a concealer or make up is not your cup of tea then ladies, dark circles roll on sticks are an option. Easy to use, roll on are enriched in Vitamins that are essential for skin. Using these roll ons regularly will eventually help you get rid of dark circles all together.
- Gels and Creams – Thanks to various brands, people with ugly dark circles can pick up gels and creams that are enriched in vitamin K and vitamin E. You can use such creams for a daily use.
Dark circles can make you look older and haggard – even though you might otherwise have a youthful skin. But don’t allow dark circles to take your confidence away. If nothing works, then you can also opt for surgery to permanently get rid of dark circles. But keep surgery as the last option to get rid of dark circles. A proper lifestyle and a few special creams with high concentrations of Vitamins will sure cure your problem within no time.