|Full Name||Jelena Noura Hadid|
|Birthday||April 23, 1995|
|Birthplace||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Career Profession||Fashion Model|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10.5 in)|
|Weight||127.9 lbs (58 kg)|
|Agency||IMG Models (New York)|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
Early Life of Gigi Hadid
Gigi Hadid was carried with her real name, Jelena Noura Hadid, on April 23, 1995, in her hometown, Los Angeles. She has a mixed ancestry from her parents. Her mother, Yolanda Van den Herik, is a Dutch woman. Meanwhile, her father, Mohamed Hadid, is a Palestinian who claims to be a descent of the Prince of Nazareth, Daher Al Omer. She has four siblings, two older half-sisters from the paternal side, Marielle and Alana, and two younger siblings who are also known in the modeling industry, Bella and Anwar Hadid.
When Gigi was in high school, she had an interest in sports, without a doubt she aced in Volleyball. She became the Volleyball team captain of Malibu High School. More so, she loves to compete for horseback riding.
Right after she graduated high school in 2013, Gigi moved to New York to start her modeling career. Yolanda, her mother, is in full support of Gigi. Furthermore, Gigi took Criminal Psychology at The New School in New York. But later on, she decided to focus more on her career.
Career Timeline of Gigi Hadid
Yes, modeling is in their bloodline, their mother is the former Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Gigi is now in a long way in her modeling career, but this all started when she was two-years-old. Paul Marciano, the co-founder of Guess and at the same time their family friend, discovered Gigi. She modeled for Guess and its brands, Baby Guess and Guess Kids.
Gigi took a break from modeling to focus on her interests with volleyball and horseback riding. When she came back to work with Paul Marciano, she became the face campaign of Guess in 2012. Her shoots with Guess was her first modeling experience.
Without a doubt, Gigi is a stunning model. She reigns the runway since she was young. She flourished through the years.
2013 to 2014
- Signed a contract with IMG Models
- Gigi had her modeling debut in New York Fashion Week (2014) for Desigual.
- She had her breakthrough in high fashion when she became the cover of CR Fashion Book magazine.
- In 2014, Gigi starred and campaigned for Tom Ford.
- Aside from CR Fashion Book, Gigi also became the cover of Galore magazine in 2014.
2015 to 2016
- Early in January 2015, Gigi Hadid received an award as the Daily Front Row’s Model of the Year and became an ambassadress of Maybelline.
- In the same year, Gigi became a guest in the Pirelli calendar.
- She became a brand ambassadress for Seafolly, an Australian fashion swimwear.
- Gigi Hadid and Cody Simpson were featured in Towel Series a project of Mario Testino.
- In December 2015, Gigi made her debut in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- In November 2016, Hadid won the International Model of the Year in the British Fashion Awards, which was given by Donatella Versace.
- Her second appearance in Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show was in December 2016.
2017 to Present
- Even though Hadid became the face of several magazines, she managed to be the photographer of Versus (Versace) Spring Summer campaign in 2017. It was Zayn Malik and Adowah Aboah who were featured. Moreover, she even photographed the special edition of V Magazine for summer. The magazine was titled Gigi’s Journal.
- Hadid and Zayn Malik had a second appearance on the cover of American Vogue in 2017. Furthermore, Gigi appeared to several international Vogue covers in 2018.
- In May 2018, Gigi announced her partnership with Unicef. She aims to help children around the world. Her first mission in Unicef was in Bangladesh on August 25.
- Early in 2019, Gigi Hadid received a lawsuit from Xclusive, an independent photo agency. She posted a photo of her from their 2018 photoshoot, without the photographer’s permission. However, there were rumors that she has posted unlicensed photos from the past.
Aside from her modeling career, Gigi had some appearances in films and television series. She had multiple appearances in The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills through Seasons 3 to 6. What makes her unbelievably amazing is when she joined a celebrity showdown episode in the MasterChef reality show.
Gigi also took part in some short films, Virgin Eyes (2012), Those Wrecked by Success (2015), and Pirelli Calendar (2018). Lastly, she appeared in a few music videos, especially for music that involved her love interests. She appeared in Surfboard and Flower of Cody Simpson, and Pillowtalk of Zayn.
Gigi Hadid’s Dating Timeline
As a stunning model, Gigi Hadid is one of the public’s favorite. Every now and then, people are interested in who she is dating. Although Gigi is now pregnant with Zayn, let’s look back at a few years of her dating timeline.
Cody Simpson and Gigi Hadid were all lovey-dovey on social media. They frequently post their canoodling and red carpet photos on their accounts. However, no matter how lovely they were, they ended their relationship after two years of dating. Their hectic career schedules made it impossible for them to maintain their relationship. More so, the high publicity of their relationship made Cody uncomfortable.
In 2015, a dating rumor between Gigi and Lewis Hamilton surfaced after they attended the Monaco Grand Prix. They were taken a picture together with Lewis have his arms around Gigi’s waist. The rumors escalated when Gigi posted a picture of them attending the Cinema Against AIDS Gala. She even expressed how they adore Lewis in her caption. However, their relationship remains a rumor.
Gigi and Joe Jonas first met at the Grammy Awards back when they were still young. In 2015, they had a short-term romance. Within their 5-month relationship, Clara Delevigne gave her support by posting a photo of Joe and Gigi on Instagram. After weeks from their split, Gigi had been reported dating Zayn Malik.
Weeks after the break up of Gigi and Joe, news started to surface that Gigi is dating Zayn. They confirmed their relationship by posting sweet photos together on their social media accounts. However, after almost a year of dating, they broke up but got back together. They became everyone’s favorite couple, there were rumors circulating that they were engaged. Although they are trying to make it work, in March 2018, they announced their split.
A year after the break up of Gigi and Zayn, unconfirmed dating news circulated between Hadid and Tyler Cameron. At this time, they were taking things slowly while making it clear that they are interested in knowing more about each other. They were seen multiple times in public, including when Gigi invited Tyler to attend to her grandmother’s funeral in the Netherlands. However, their whirlwind romance lasted until October 2019.
Zayn Malik– (again) and they are pregnant!
After Gigi and Tyler’s unconfirmed relationship, a photo of Gigi and Zayn holding hands while out on dinner circulated. Insider scoops revealed that they are trying to make their relationship work (again). As their romance rekindled, they are back to posting lovely photos of them together on their social media accounts. But, the bigger news is, days after Gigi’s 25th birthday, they confirmed that they are expecting their first child.
Awards and Achievements Earned by Gigi Hadid
Through her career, Gigi has been given several awards and nominations. Her awards maybe a few, but these achievements have become consistent over the past few years. In 2015, she received the Model of the Year award at the First Annual Fashion Los Angeles.
After a year, she had the Best Look award from Total Request Live and International Model of the Year from British Fashion. Her recent award was in 2017 when she received the Best Design Debut from the Third Annual Fashion Los Angeles.
Gigi Hadid’s Net Worth
At an early age, Gigi has garnered a lofty net worth. She approximately earns $9 million in a year, making her in the fashion industry, as one of the highest paying models. She even earns $125,000 from Instagram when she posts a picture.
More so, Gigi is highly recognized for her modeling career, she also participates in film and movie projects. If you combine all of her assets and earnings, Gigi Hadid has a net worth of approximately $25 million.
People May Ask About Gigi Hadid
Why is Gigi Hadid famous?
As for most fans, Gigi is known for her exquisite style. She knows how to put her taste and fashion, making her stand out on every occasion she attended. More so, Gigi Hadid is made famous for the men she dated, including Cody Simpson, Joe Jonas, and Zayn Malik.
Who is richer, Gigi or Bella Hadid?
Gigi earns more than Bella Hadid. Recent reports show that Gigi’s net worth is as high as $29 million. Meanwhile, Bella is 4-million shy from Gigi, she has an estimated net worth of $25 million.
Did Gigi Hadid finish college?
After Gigi graduated high school, she enrolled at The New School in New York City to study Criminal Psychology. However, with the demands of her modeling career, Gigi decided to focus on her career.