|Full name||Cindy DeAngelis Grossman|
|Birthdate||6th January 1962|
|Father||Thomas DeAngelis Grossman|
|Spouse||Herschel Walker (married between 1983 and 2002)|
|Net worth||Not known|
|Education||University of Georgia|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
Cindy DeAngelis Grossman used to be married to Herschel Walker, a former pro football player. Asides from this, she is an accomplished businesswoman but of course, she hit fame because of her relationship with Walker.
Walker won several awards at both college and State levels. Asides from football, he also thrived as a sprinter, bobsledder, and mixed martial artist. Interestingly, Cindy had been married to Walker before he struck gold. She supported and cheered him to the top and proved herself as an excellent partner.
In this post, we will take a close look at the life of Cindy Deangelis Grossman. We will be answering several key questions about her, her career, net worth, family life, and more. Towards the end of this post, we will also discuss some facts about her former spouse, Herschel Walker.
Cindy DeAngelis Grossman: Age and Biography
Cindy DeAngelis Grossman wasn’t famous before her marriage to Herschel Walker. However, we will share some of the details about her age, biography, and early life.
- Cindy was born in 1962 in Georgia, Florida to the family of Thomas DeAngelis. Her father, Thomas, was from Cocoa Beach. He worked here in real estate until he retired.
- She is Caucasian and of American descent.
- Cindy DeAngelis Grossman attended school in her home town. When she graduated, she enrolled in a college located in Cocoa Beach where she studied business.
- During her time in school, she was actively engaged with the sports team. She was an active member of her school’s cheerleading squad and also ran track.
- When she completed her college studies, Cindy went on to get a job. However, there is no real information regarding where she worked or in what capacity.
As you can see from the facts above, not much is known about the early life of Cindy DeAngelis Grossman. She is pretty discreet with her information so we don’t even know much about her parents, siblings, or background. Cindy has also decided to keep the details about much of her career secret and she isn’t fond of interviews.
Being so discreet is quite strange considering that Cindy used to be married to a very famous athlete. We should give her credit for being able to create a balance between her personal life and her career. Records have it that Cindy has spearheaded several projects that yielded both economic and social returns.
Cindy DeAngelis Grossman: Career and Net Worth
Cindy Grossman is no doubt an outstanding businesswoman who is astute in her abilities to run businesses. However, she is very secretive about her personal life and career. This means that we don’t have as much information as you expect regarding her work and net worth.
While Cindy was married to Walker, he was worth about $12 million. He made his money from his career in sports. For example, at a point in his career, Walker was earning about a million dollars per year from his salaries alone.
It is almost impossible to separate Cindy’s net worth from that of Walker. While she was married to him, she had an array of luxurious cars to choose from. She also got an expensive mansion located in Edina where she lived with her ex-husband. Along with these, she also had a number of apartments located in Georgia. These were valued around a few hundred thousand dollars.
Cindy DeAngelis Grossman: Family, Husband, and Children
We have already told you that Cindy DeAngelis Grossman was married to Herschel Walker. However, there is still a lot to learn about her family and her children. Let’s check out some of these details in this section.
- Cindy met Walker while they were treating injuries that they had sustained in track events. This was at one of the training rooms at their school. Like we told you earlier, Walker used to be very proficient on the track as he was on the field.
- At the time they met, Walker’s sister was on the same track team as Cindy. As such, she thought it a good idea to introduce them to each other.
- You can bet that once she did, sparks of feelings started flying about and soon they became an item. After dating for several years, Herschel Walker thought it right to pop the question. Cindy wasted no time saying “Yes” when he asked her.
- Cindy and Walker exchanged vows on 31st March 1983. The ceremony was private and had only family and close friends in attendance.
- Interestingly, the couple waited a whole “sixteen years” of marriage to welcome their first child. On the 30th of September 1999, they welcomed their first son and christened him Christian Walker.
- Three years after having their son, their marriage hit the rocks. The reason for their divorce was the husband’s medical condition. At the time, he was diagnosed with a condition known as Dissociative Identity Disorder. With this condition, the individual displays two or more identities and the alternate identities have different names and characteristics. It also displays temporary memory loss.
- Cindy DeAngelis Grossman said at one time her husband made an attempt to terminate her life. She was not alone as she had his therapist and her friends in one of his therapy sessions. According to her, there were so many incidents that he couldn’t even recall.
- One of the major events that she recalls is when her husband had thoughts of hurting his wife during pregnancy. Herschel also revealed through his book titled “Breaking Free” that he survived having over 12 personalities because of DID. He even confessed to almost taking his life at a point. However, he couldn’t remember many of the events Cindy narrated and his therapist attributes this to the different personalities.
Where is Cindy DeAngelis Grossman now?
Despite divorcing her partner, they are still very close. Several times, the couple has been seen together making efforts to support their only son, Christian. Christian is a very successful cheerleader, a career path that he chose sometime in 2014.
In one interview, Christian stated that he never saw it as disappointing to his father if he didn’t play football. According to him, his father had always told him to choose his path to do what he wants. Cindy and Walker were seen together at the Junior Co-ed National Championship held in Orlando in 2015. Christian’s team came first in the competition.
Few facts about Cindy DeAngelis Grossman
In this section, we will show you a few facts about Cindy DeAngelis Grossman.
- After their divorce, Cindy got custody of their son, Christian Walker. This is largely because her ex-husband was unstable as a result of his DID condition. The story has it that Walker didn’t even contest the custody of his son. He agreed that it was in the best interest of Christian that he stayed with his mother. Nonetheless, Walker has been involved in the life of his son and they see each other regularly.
- Cindy DeAngelis Grossman confessed that her husband tried to kill her on multiple occasions. These were not conscious decisions but random outbursts orchestrated by one of the split identities that he displayed. On one occasion, he threatened to kill her while pointing a gun at her. He had also tried hurting her during her pregnancy and tried killing himself along with her and his therapist.
- Cindy hasn’t been in any serious relationship since the divorce. She still sees Herschel Walker as the love of her life. As such, she hasn’t even considered replacing him with any other partner. We all know that if it wasn’t for his condition, they would still be together. The couple still spends time as great friends and she provides him with a lot of support.
Facts about Herschel Walker (Cindy DeAngelis Grossman’s ex-husband)
Herschel Walker was a Heisman-winning running back that represented the University of Georgia. He went ahead to become a two-time Pro-Bowl NFL selection. Walker went ahead to accumulate 5,859 receiving yards and 8,225 rushing yards all through his NFL career. Here are some interesting facts about Herschel Walker.
- Before he became famous, Walker used to do 5,000 pushups every day. This was while he was in high school. You can tell that he must have been a fitness enthusiast which contributed to his success as an athlete.
- Walker was part of the 1989 trade that is also known in history as the “Great Train Robbery.” This trade set the record for the highest number of NFL players traded.
- Walker began his career in the NFL with “Dallas Cowboys.” Towards the end of his career, he returned to this team. He spent his last two NFL seasons with the Dallas Cowboys.