|Full Name||Ariana Grande-Butera|
|Birth Place||Boca Raton, Florida|
|Parents||Joan Grande (Mother), Edward Butera (Father)|
|Siblings||Frankie Grande (Half Brother)|
|Hometown||Boca Raton, Florida|
|Net Worth||$80 million (USD)|
She is a singer, an actress, and a dancer. But, apart from these popularly known facts, what else do you know about Ariana Grande? In this article, we will be looking at the personal history, lifestyle and net worth of the soulful singer.
Below, we have detailed out the details of Ariana’s birth, family and education.
- The popstar’s date of birth was on the 26th of June 1993.
- Her full name is Ariana Grande-Butera.
- Her family is of Italian descent with half Abruzzese and half Sicilian blood.
- Her mom gave birth to her in the state of Boca Raton, Florida, United States, but prior to her birth, her family lived in New York.
- According to the singer, her parents got the inspiration for her name from Princess Oriana in Felix the Cat.
- When she was 9 years old, the singer’s parents Joan Grande and Edward Butera split.
- Her mom gave birth to a son from a previous relationship with Victor Marchione. Her half-brother’s name is Frankie Grande.
- The singer’s brother is also a producer and actor. In 2014, he was one of the contestants on Big Brother.
- While in Florida, the singer attended Florida’s Pine Crest School before joining North Broward Preparatory School.
- With the singer’s career taking off, she left North Broward Preparatory School, but was still enrolled as a student. She continued receiving materials from the school for review with personal tutors.
Ariana’s interest in acting and singing started at an early age.
Early Beginnings and Theater Roles
- Before the singer turned 8, she was performing at the Fort Lauderdale Children’s Theater. Her initial role with the theater was the lead character Annie in the theater production of Annie.
- Other musicals she partook in while with the theater company include; Beauty and the Beast and The Wizard of Oz.
- By age 8, she sang on a voyage ship with orchestras including the Florida Sunshine Pops, Symphonic Orchestras and South Florida’s Philharmonic.
- She also had her debut appearance on national television while she was 8 singing “The Star-Spangled Banner” for the Florida Panthers.
- At age 12, the singer arrived in Los Angeles, California to discuss the possibility of recording a Rhythm and Blues album, but her managers expressed doubts about it.
- In 2008, the singer continued with her theater career and had a support part of a cheerleader named Charlotte in the 13 on Broadway Her part in this musical won her a National Youth Theatre Association Award.
- While performing in theater productions, the singer also performed at the jazz club Birdland in New York City.
Breakthrough with Nickelodeon
After starring in theater plays, the singer had a breakthrough when she was successful in a Nickelodeon casting.
- In 2009, was chosen to be a supporting character for a Nickelodeon show named Victorious where she reunited with her former co-star from 13 on Broadway Elizabeth Gillies.
- The actress played the role of Cat Valentine a slow red-haired in a performing arts high school.
- The premiere of the show Victorious had the 2nd largest audience in the children’s channel history with over 5 million viewers thereby propelling her to teen idol stardom.
- A year after her casting with Nickelodeon, she starred in the Desmond Child musical Cuba Libre.
- The final season of Victorious aired in 2013, and the singer was a lead character in a spin-off series Sam & Cat. Although the show had high ratings, it was cancelled in 2014.
- In 2014, the singer featured in a musical theatre production of A Snow White Christmas which was a pantomime.
- She also starred in a Nickelodeon movie adaptation of the children’s book Swindle.
With the actress’ interest in music still passionate, she started taking steps to launch a music career.
- In 2010, following the end of shooting for the debut season of Victorious, the actress began work on her debut album starting with vocal training lessons with Eric Vetro.
- Her initial musical appearance was on for Give It Up a song on the soundtrack Victorious: Music from the Hit TV Show.
- While on the show, the star also made recordings of herself singing covers of songs by other artists such as Mariah Carey and Adele. This was uploaded to YouTube and helped increase her popularity.
- One of her videos was seen and sent to the CEO of Republic Records, and she was signed to a recording contract.
- Her first single Put Your Hearts Up was released the next year, and it was certified gold by the RIAA.
- In 2012 and 2013, Victorious released two soundtracks for the series Victorious 2.0 and Victorious 3.0 The singer loaned her vocals for songs such as Don’t You Forget About Me and L.A.Boyz.
- The singer also collaborated with British singer Mika on a duet for the song Popular Song.
- In 2013, the singer released her first studio album Yours Truly which was recorded over a three-year period.
- Following the release of her album, she joined Justin Bieber on his Believe Tour for three shows before headlining her own mini-tour titled The Listening Sessions.
- In December of that year, the singer released a Christmas EP titled Christmas Kisses.
- In August 2014, the singer released her second studio album My Everything with lead single Problem featuring Iggy Azalea and vocals from Big Sean.
- She featured on Bang Bang with Big Sean and Jessie J.
- In February 2015, the singer started her The Honeymoon Tour to promote her album in Europe, Asia and North & South America.
- In spring of the same year, she signed a publishing contract with Universal Music Publishing Group for her entire discography.
- The singer released her second Christmas EP, Christmas & Chill.
- Her third studio album Dangerous Woman was released in 2016.
- In 2017, the singer had a concert at the Manchester which was a target of suicide bombing. The bombing led to 23 deaths and several injuries which led to the suspension of her tour.
- The singer held a benefit concert on June 4, 2017 called One Love Manchester which was televised. The concert raised $23million to aid victims of the bombing.
- 2018 and 2019 saw the release of Grande’s fourth and fifth studio album.
- In 2019, the singer headlined the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and became the youngest artist to headline the festival.
Apart from singing and acting, the singer was a voice artist for animations and made guest appearances on tv shows and videos.
- She was the voice of Princess Diaspro on the Italian version of the Nickelodeon animation Winx Club.
- Another animated series in which she was a voice artist was the English dub of Snowflake, the White Gorilla.
- She also played the role of Greyson Chance’s ex-girlfriend in the music video of his song “Unfriend You”.
- In 2015, she guest-starred in episodes of the Fox series Scream Queens as Sonya Herfmann.
- The singer made a cameo appearance in the comedy film Zoolander 2 which starred Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller.
Since her debut as an actress, Grande has been in six relationships under the public eye:
|Graham Phillips||2008 – 2010||Theater Actor & Singer|
|Jai Brooks||2012 – 2014||Australian YouTuber|
|Big Sean||Late 2014 – 2015||Rapper|
|Mac Miller||2016 – May 2018||Rapper|
|Pete Davidson||Late 2018 – 2019||Comedian|
Interesting Must Know About Ariana Grande
- Although the popstar’s name was inspired from Felix the Cat¸ the singer is allergic to cats.
- Ariana Grande has six dogs; Ophelia, Fawkes, Cinnamon, Toulouse, Coco and Sirius Black.
- The singer had to dye her hair red for her role on Victorious thereby damaging it.
- While in school, her favorite subject was science.
- Ariana’s musical influences include Destiny’s Child, Fergie, Beyonce, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston.
- For the singer’s genre of music, she dabbles in pop and R&B with elements of EDM, trap and hip hop.
- Her vocal range is a four octave soprano.
- The singer’s first studio album was almost titled Daydreamin’.
- In 2013, Billboard ranked her as no.4 Music’s Hottest Minors.
- The actress filmed an episode for the Fox series Knock Knock Live, but the show was cancelled before airing.
- Her third studio album Dangerous Woman was originally titled
- In 2017, the singer became the first honorary citizen of Manchester.
- Her 2019 single Thank You, Next was inspired by her romantic relationships.
- As at 2019, the singer had over thirty thousand billion views on YouTube.
- Ariana is the first singer in history to have all her albums debut within the top 10 of the US Billboard.
- The singer is a vegan and does not eat or make use of animal products.
- Her fan base was previously called Arianators, but in 2014 she expressed her wish to have it changed to “the loves”.
Being associated with certain gossip and rumors is a part of being a celebrity and Ariana Grande couldn’t escape that.
- In 2010, there were rumors of her dating American actor Matt Bennett.
- In 2013, she was also rumored to be dating Nathan Sykes.
- Following the show Sam & Cat, there were rumors that the singer and her co-star Jeanette McCurdy were not on good terms. This was further followed by a snide tweet posted by Jeanette on Ariana’s win for Favorite TV Actress at the Kids’ Choice Awards.
- 2019 saw rumors emerge that the singer was bisexual following her video for Break Up With Your Boyfriend, I’m Bored and her song
As a star constantly in the eye of the public, it takes only one or two occasions for a slip to occur, and this was the case for the star.
- In 2014, the singer was on the receiving end of criticism for being allegedly impolite to fans and photographers.
- Her switch from conservative teen idol to skimpily clad popstar underwent scrutiny.
- She got the tag “diva” following her demand for photographs taken of her during a photoshoot in Sydney be destroyed.
- Also, in mid-2015, a video emerged of the singer stating that she hated Americans and that doughnuts were disgusting.
Net Worth of Ariana Grande
The singer is estimated to be worth $80 million (USD) following the successful albums, concerts and partnerships with luxury brands. In 2014, the singer was announced as a partner and equity holder for bottled water WAT-AAH!. She also released limited edition bags with Coach and a makeup collection with MAC Cosmetics.
Her fashion line was launched in 2016 with Lipsy London. In the same year, she collaborated with Brookstone to create ear headphones. In 2017 and 2018, she became an ambassador for Reebok and partnered with American Express. For her Sweetener World Tour, she partnered with T-Mobile in 2019.
The singer in 2019 partnered with Starbucks for the launch of Cloud Macchiato Beverage before becoming the face of Givenchy in May of the same year. The singer has appeared in commercials for Apple and Macy’s and has her own fragrance line with Luxe Brands.
Ariana purchased a $16 million (USD) apartment in the Chelsea area of Manhattan where she and her former fiancé Pete Davidson lived in. Following her split from her fiancé, she leased a home in Mulholland Drive of Los Angeles for a cost of $17,000 per month.
Prior to 2019, the singer owned a property in her hometown of Boca Raton Florida but it was sold off at an estimated $4.3 million (USD).
Frequently Asked Questions About Ariana Grande
- How Many Awards Does She Have?
Her awards as at 2020 include:
- 1 Grammy
- 11 Grammy Nominations
- 1 BRIT Award
- 5 MTV VMAs
- 3 MTV EMAs
- 3 AMAs
- 2 Billboard Music Awards
- 22 Billboard Music Award Nominations
- 3 Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Award
- 1 People’s Choice Award
- 1 Bambi Award
- 1 Music Business Association Award
- 6 iHeartRadio Music Awards
- 1 Billboard Women in Music Award
- What are Ariana’s achievements?
- In 2019, the singer became the first artist to have 12 songs charting on the Billboard Hot 100.
- The singer had the largest streaming week for her album Thank You, Next which had over 300 million on-demand streams.
- At age 10, the singer co-founded Kids who Care for fund-raising activities.
- What is Ariana allergic to?
Apart from being allergic to cats, the singer is also allergic to bananas.
- Does Ariana have any birthmark?
Yes, the singer has a dimple on her left cheek and a birthmark on her left shoulder.
- Why did Ariana name her dog Sirius Black?
The singer is huge fan of the Harry Potter series, and a character in the series is named Sirius Black. Following the fact that her dog also had a black coat like the hair of the character in the series, it was named so.
Her favorite characters in the Harry Potter series include Draco Malfoy and Luna Lovegood.
- Does Ariana have any illnesses?
Ariana has stated that she is hypoglycemic and suffers from PTSD following the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing. Her anxiety and PTSD led to her withdrawing from the 2018 broadcast of A Very Wicked Halloween.