As a woman, looking great and feeling like a million bucks make life enjoyable. Once you take care of your body, you can spare enough time to chase your dreams and leave your mark on the world. Besides, if you feel that you are not looking as good as you should, you can get self-conscious and lose the confidence to do what your heart desires.
Here are eight things you can do on a daily basis to feel great and look your best:
1. Eat the right food
The impression most people get when they are told to eat the right food is to stop eating the things they enjoy eating and get themselves on a vegetarian diet. If you can pull that off, it’s even better because eating a plant-based diet is extremely beneficial to you in the long run. However, for an average girl, this is a tough ask. You can’t just drop a habit entirely with the flip of a switch; that’s not how humans work.
Instead, you can go about it another way:
- Eat more vegetables. For the fiber and the nutrients
- Eat foods that have high water content. Think fruits salads.
- Start cooking with canola oil. It is better for your heart and blood vessels than, say, olive oil.
- Use natural spices as you cook your healthy food. Makes your healthy food taste awesome and comes with health benefits.
- Minimize your fast foods and soft drinks uptake by replacing them with healthier alternatives.
One of the health trends that is catching on is mindful eating. It is another way to get yourself on the right track diet-wise.
2. Drink More Water
This one ties in with eating healthy. Develop a habit to drink more water during the day because you will get the following health benefits:
- Moist, supple, and better-looking skin.
- Helps burn fat in the body.
- Flashes out toxins.
- Prevents constipation.
You can’t O’D on water. Even if you drink more than the recommended 8 glasses, you will not suffer ill consequences.
3. Exercise More Regularly
Exercise is good for your body and of course your looks; you can wear anything that hugs your body and you will look great.
The most basic exercise you can do without any equipment is running. All you need is some running shoes and a comfortable outfit and you are good to go. If you can integrate weight exercises into your routine, it is even going to be better. Make a habit of exercising at least three times a week to enhance your immune system and improve your mental health.
4. Examine yourself for breast cancer regularly
Monthly examinations are no longer sufficient. If you are still in your twenties, regularly examine your breasts in the mirror. If you spot any changes, report them to your doctor. If you are older, go for an annual mammogram to detect breast cancer early on when you can treat it.
5. Have amazing sex regularly
You don’t need to be told how great it feels to have amazing sex. Therefore, you should be motivated to have it on a regular basis. Good sex is going to do wonders for your body and your mind. It helps you relax and alleviate stress because your body secretes hormones that boost your emotional state. These hormones also improve your immune system.
6. Improve your sleeping habits
When you go to bed, sleep (after having amazing sex, hopefully). Nowadays, we get tempted to drag our work to our bedrooms. That is counterintuitive. To improve your sleeping habits, here are some handy rules to live by:
- Stop reading books or scrolling through your phone in the covers: As much as it is romanticized quit reading in bed.
- Set a specific time to go to bed. Make it realistic as per your schedule.
- Wake up at a specific time every day. Yes, even during the weekends.
- Stop taking mild stimulants like caffeine at least two hours before your sleep time.
- Keep your bedroom dark and quiet during sleep time. Buy a mask and ear plugs if things are out of your control.
7. Take care of your teeth
A good smile requires a nice set of teeth. Take care of your teeth by doing the following:
- Brush your teeth after every meal. Rinse your mouth with water when brushing is inappropriate.
- Floss to get rid of food particles that evade the toothbrush.
- Do not brush after drinking soda or eating citrus fruits. They both erode your enamel. Therefore, rinse your mouth after having them.
8. Stop taking too much alcohol and cigarettes
Cigarette smoking is addictive and bad for your lungs and sexual health. If most of your friends drink and smoke a lot, you are going to follow suit. In this case, minimize the situations in which you will be forced to use alcohol or cigarettes. Stop drinking and smoking entirely, if you can.
Staying healthy is not a herculean task. It is all about cultivating the right habits. You cannot quit your current harmful habits in an instant, especially if you enjoy them. Instead of trying to stop them, try replacing them with enjoyable and healthy alternatives.