In the field of beauty, almost everyone knows something, but at certain times, so-called universal rules have the opposite effect from what you want:
• Don’t use water to clean your skin
Indeed, experts advise you to avoid washing the face, but the recommendation refers specifically to avoid aggressive cleaning products (shower gel, soap). The Americans dermatologists say that all the cleansing products that are otherwise designed to complement the cleaning action of water, not to replace the it.
• A thicker layer of cream – a safer skin
The absorption capacity of the skin is variable. Skin takes in as much product needs and the excess is just shining merely unaesthetic. The face cream muust be applied in a thin layer on the face and the unpleasant sensation of pressing appears only if the the action is repeated.
• An exfoliating product is effective only if it is strong
In fact, the repeatedly using of an aggressively exfoliating product lead to skin sensitization and can cause diseases as eczema and rashes. The best products are that which have a gentle exfoliating action. Nothing about the masks of fruit is recommended for daily application beccause the fruit acids contained can affect the skin in time.
• The foundation and the powder covers the rinkles
The effect is exactly the opposite. The product is been collected in the folds of skin at each contraction of the facial muscles and wrinkles become more visible (the more obvious the layer of foundation or powder is thicker). Experts recommend that the layer of foundation to be as thiner as posible, in an open shade to reflect light.
• The skin is more easily to stretch if it is mixed with cleansing-milk
The specific action of the cleansing-milk is to remove the layer of make-up. Much more effective is the foundation mixed with a little moisturizer and applyied on wet skin.
Warning! Do not put cream or water in containers with makeup, because you alter the product.
Another method for applying the foundation is to apply the product on dry skin and smoothing the application by buffering the face with wet hands.
• For light-colored eyes don’t use make-up in the same shades.
In fact, using a shade close to the eye will enhance the natural color of the iris. However, it should not get make-up in a shade too open compared to the natural one, because you point out too hard and you create a stared eyes efect.
• Bright make-up is for young females
Skin of mature women is more dull and more tired than that of a young woman, so little shine will not hurt. Moreover, the light reflex will make the skin look more streched and will divert attention from wrinkles. Recomented are the foundations which reflects the light, the powder with shinning particles,and coloured glosses. But keep the proportions! Also, you should avoid bright eye make-up, cream type, that are gathering in the folds of skin!
• Pink confer natural-looking skin
Depends on natural skin tone. Pink tones are recommended only to the people who have lighter skin. An Olive skin, with a make-up in a shade of pink will have a funny aspect. The shades of beige, orange and even gold are recommended for brunettes,.
• Lips appear fuller if their contours are visible
An excentric fashion of the 80’s which luckily passed recommends: a closed outline of the lips and a lipstick lighter with a few tones. The appearance of such a make-up is vulgar and artificial. In fact, experts recommend using a pencil contour lighter than than the lipstick. This way you avoid unpleasant situations like lipstick deleting and the contours to become visible. For the lips look fuller, apply other trick: choose light-colored lipsticks, easy-pearl or glossy lipsticks.
• Shaping the eyes with black eyeliner to make eyes look bigger
This practice is used frequently, but the effect is exactly the opposite: black outline around the eyes will make your eyes look smaller than they actually are! Application of contour lines with an open eyeliner (beige or white) will give an intense look and will make the eyes look bigger.
Important rules to achieve makeup
We offer some very important advices for obtaining a successful make-up:
1. For the succes of tthe make-up a necessary condition is that the makeup to be not applied on one unrefined or too tired cheek;
2. It is very important to use products suitable skin for the type of the skin that you have;
3. The makeup must be realized in a good light and under such conditions that the face does not reflect any shadow;
4. In applying the blush is recommended to take in account the age. For example, it is not appropriate for older women to have a harsh make-up;
5. In achieving a successful makeup, colors play an important role. Colors should be chosen depending on the type of women which we belong, depending on clothing, after the hour, etc..;
6. When we path the countour of the eye, we have to take into account the fact that the ascending line rejuvenates and the descending one is aging;
7. By using two colors of eye makeup, cheeks makeup, foundation, powder, we can make corrections, knowing that dark colors fade the covered surface and light colors highlight it;
8. To keep the cheek’s skin supple and healthy, the cleaning of any mark of foundation will not be neglected under any circumstances.
Influences of light on makeup
The light changes the shades of colors and even the makeup ones, which is of great importance. Even the light of day influences the shade of skin. Therefore, when making makeup, we must consider the consequences of light to which we expose the face and the new look.
The normal electric light diminish warm tones, such as gold, orange, red-grena, ocher and intensifies the cold ones, for example blue, gray, purple. In this situation, the foundation will have the same color as the day, but darker. Blushes for cheeks will have a darker shade and we will avoid orange shades, which disappear in electric light. The lipstick will also be darker than the day. It is recommended to use an eye pencil light blue, gray, purple, but in darker shades than the daylight.
Fluorescent light being more powerful than the electric one, it transform the shades, invigorating or reducing them. For example, ruby is red-violet. In this light it is advisable to use a foundation and a powder in gold tones and the blush to be in pale tones.The eyelids makeup is recommended to have mild tones.
The neon light decompose colors and has a negative influence on the makeup.
Candle light, in a more intimate atmosphere, is more pleasant, but it gives to the makeup a removed shade. Therefore, you need a more intense makeup. To realize what influences are brought by the light, we can use a candle put near the mirror before we makeup.
How to take care of skin properly
Summer is the season when the skin needs special care, because the heat and sunlight accelerates the degradation. Throughout the summer, the skin should be adequately protected from sunburn as a long-term exposure to ultraviolet rays can cause the early aging of the skin or even skin cancer.
There are other factors that may cause damage to skin like salt water, chlorine (swimming pools or drinking water content a lot, unfortunately), insect bites or traumas.
Here are some suggestions for your skin to be beautiful and shiny all summer:
1. Drink plenty of water during the whole period of the day, not only to compensate the water lost through sweat, but also to help eliminate toxins and to keep skin clean and bright.
2. Consumption of fruits and vegetables nourishes the skin with essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals with antioxidant properties, which maintain the skin healthy. Carrots, lettuce, zucchini, celery, herbs are a good choice. Fresh fruit juices from pears, grapes, watermelon, nourishes and clean clen skin. Mint and basil give flavor to food and drinks from fruits and vegetables.
3. In summer, use fewer spices, avoid sour and salty foods, prefer ones with sweet, bitter and astringent taste.
The enervating effects of this season can be avoided if you consume milk, clarified butter and rice.
4. Milk is a refreshing drink that nourishes the skin and helps to maintain the hydration. Drink a cup of milk every day. You can clean the skin using milk in what you added rose water.
5. Make sure a that you have a restful sleep every night, by keeping the bedroom cool and comfortable and using bedding made from natural fibers: silk, linen or cotton. To have a clear skin, healthy bright eyes go to bed early and wake up early.
6. Avoid as far as possible stress and anger. Practicing yoga positions, relaxation or meditation, helps the body and mind to eliminate the stress. Volatile oils such as rose, sandalwood, lavender are useful to keep a calm mind. Walk through cool and plenty of greenery gardens , through soothing and restful places.
7. Be meticulous in terms of personal hygiene. Clean your body in the morning and evening. Sun favors the production of sebum causing greasy skin appearance. When it combines with dirt and sweat, the pores are loading. The used soap must be neutral, without coloring matter and without fragrance. These materials can cause irritation and may create a special reactivity of the skin. The best are those that are based on vegetable oils, honey and glycerin.
A good mixture for cleaning normal to dry skin can be prepared from finely ground almonds, oatmeal and rose water.
For fat skin are recommended oatmeal with yogurt, a little lemon and neem powder.
8. At least once a week, use a mask from fruits (avocados, apricots, peaches, papaya) and vegetables (cucumber, carrots) suited to the type of your skin.
To obttain such a mask, mash the fruits and vegetables with a little yogurt, honey, oatmeal and lemon juice (for skin fat) or rose water (for dry skin) and apply on face. Keep the mask 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
9. Do not get out during the hot days between 10 and 16. If you still need to get out in that period, then wear protective clothing, sunglasses, hats with wide borides. Exposure to sun causes skin aging very fast. A mixture of oil of sandalwood with rose water, applied to the skin 2-3 times a week, will help your skin become more elastic.
10. Every night, wash your eyes with plenty of cold water. You should use dressings and keep them on the eyes for 10 min. To do this, you can use cold water or rose water.
11. Keep your feet clean and cool them whenever you have the chance. Wear sandals to allow feet to breathe and to avoid unpleasant odors. Their skin tends to dry out and deteriorate due to dust and prolonged exposure to hot sun.
12. If you are on vacation on the seaside, remember that millenary science Ayurveda recommends a sober attitude in front of the powerful rays of the sun. The best time for sun exposure is during early morning and also during the last hours before sunset.
During the winter, the skin needs as much protection as during the sumer.No matter how good would be creams or other cosmetic lotions, the truth is that real protection of the skin starts from within. In other words, its resistance to cold, dryness and wind is influenced by the what measure we give it the necessary nutrients to meet these environmental factors.
Here are some dietary tips that will help in this regard:
Opt for a balanced diet. From this diet should not miss vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Eat quality protein coming from plants (nuts, nuts, seeds). Try increasing as possible the intake of raw or little prepared food.
Prefer yellow or orange vegetables. They are rich in beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that defends the skin against early aging. Carrots are the ideal choice.