While some serve these as an appetizer, they would also be perfect for a light lunch, perhaps served with a side salad.
- 1 large zucchni grated, with excess water removed
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Using a heaping tablespoon form the mixture into 8 patties.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
4. Once heated, add patties and cook each about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.