This delicious Mexican lunch time dish is quick to prepare and easy to make. For those who like their burritos a bit spicier, you may add sliced green or red peppers to your heart’s content. Some people also like to add chopped celery to the tuna salad mix, which is another viable option. Many kids who refuse to even try most Mexican food will scarf these tuna burritos up in no time. Serve these with lettuce and tomato on the side and your guests will thing they’re dining at a real authentic Mexican restaurant!
Servings: 8 servings.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
4 9 oz. cans of tuna, drained
1 eight oz. can of sliced black olives
¼ c. chopped onions
2 cups shredded cheddar (or your preferred variety) cheese
Salad dressing (to hold mixture together)
8 large burrito size flour tortillas
Chopped celery (optional)
Sliced green and/or red peppers (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the drained canned tuna, sliced black olives, chopped onions, shredded cheddar (or whatever variety is your preference) cheese, and salad dressing.
2. Place tortillas in microwave oven for 30 seconds on medium to soften them.
3. On each tortilla, place ½ cup of the tuna mixture in the middle.
4. Roll tortilla up, burrito –style, with bottom folded up.
5. Serve each burrito on a plate, seam side down, with a side of shredded lettuce and chopped tomato. Ole!