This is a simple salad of mixed greens, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), roasted baby beets and blue cheese with a dressing of strawberry balsamic vinaigrette.
Following is the recipe of SUMMER SALAD WITH PEPITAS, BLUEBERRY VINAIGRETTE AND GEAI BLEU that serves for 4 people.
- 80 grams of geai bleu cheese, cut into 8 slices.
- 6 cups of mixed young greens that includes spring lettuce, spinach or other mild-flavored greens.
- One dozen of large grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered lengthwise.
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
- 1/2 cup ripe blueberries.
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 tablespoons of good balsamic vinegar.
- 1/4 tablespoon of sugar.
- 1/4 tablespoon salt.
- 1/8 tablespoon pepper.
Toast pepitas over low heat in a dry skillet. Stir it regularly till they start turning golden. It is a very fast process so, make sure that they don’t burn.
Crush the blueberries in a bowl to make their puree. Then, you need to add oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, and beat them for 30 seconds so that the dressing gets well combined, slightly thickened and almost syrupy.
In a large bowl, put the leaves and then, spread the dressing over the top and mix it well so that the leaves are well coated. Add a few pieces of tomato and toss them.
Serve the salad after garnishing it with pipits and top with two slices of geai bleu. .