A light, tangy, flavorful pasta salad that is quick and easy to make, this dish is perfect for lunch, either as a main dish or a side dish. It could also be served as a side dish at a picnic lunch or supper. This is a real crowd pleaser that will surprise your guests. It’s not the same old pasta salad they’ve had time and time again!
Servings: Makes 4 servings.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes.
½ box spiral Gemelli pasta
2 cups Ranch dressing
1/3 cup Italian dressing
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cucumber, cut into small bite-size pieces
1 small can olives (if desired)
Onion flakes to taste
Celery seed as desired
¼ cup white vinegar
1. Put spiral Gemelli pasta into medium sized saucepan with water. Cook, according to package directions, or for 8-10 minutes after it comes to a boil.
2. Remove pasta from heat, drain in colander. Run cold water over pasta until it is comfortable to handle.
3. In another bowl, mix Ranch dressing, Italian dressing, white vinegar, cucumber, onion flakes, olives and celery seed.
4. Add cooked pasta to the bowl and toss ingredients together.
5. After mixture has coated pasta well and is blended together, add in mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Toss again to mix cheeses well into mixture.
6. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, for at least one hour prior to serving.
7. May be served on its own as a lunchtime dish or on the side accompanying sandwiches or another light lunch dish