This one’s really appropriate for breakfast, lunch or dinner, but in my household, we like it for a late “brunch” on the weekends or on a holiday. It’s easy to make, and oh-so tasty! This recipe combines healthy breakfast food into a meal that’s simply baked in the oven – what more could you want?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
1 (16 ounce) package pork breakfast sausage
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat and drain. You can use either links or cut the bulk pork breakfast sausage into slices once it’s cooked.
- Mix the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla to form a batter. Add the sausage and stir. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the dish comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Allow the casserole to cool 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
(*tip: Serve with syrup if desired – especially if you have kids. Try it, they’ll love it!)