Recipe: Macaroni Hot Dog Casserole
Summary: Anyone who has kids will love this easy to make, fun to eat dish. It combines two things loved by kids of all ages: macaroni and cheese, and hot dogs. Try it – you’ll be surprised how many adults will find this one tasty too!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (or substitute your favorite pasta)
- 4 hot dogs (beef, turkey, chicken, whatever your pleasure)
- 14 ½ ounce can diced or chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces total)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1. Boil the macaroni per package directions until al dente (almost done), drain using strainer and rinse.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice hot dogs into ½ inch pieces.
- Grease a 9 inch x 13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray, margarine or butter
- Combine macaroni, tomatoes, hot dogs, parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, oregano, red pepper, and half the cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and evenly cover casserole with the remaining cheddar cheese
- Bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Diet type: Macrobiotic
Diet (other): High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Copyright © WorldOfFemale.com.