Healthy quick desserts are the best choice for busy week nights. Don’t let the word healthy discourage you though. There are many satisfying healthy desserts that you can make. The best part is that you don’t have to feel guilty eating them either. By simply making sure you have a few items on hand you can make a healthy quick dessert any time you want.
Simple Ingredients In The Kitchen
Make sure that you have some of the following main ingredients ready in your kitchen. This will eliminate the need to run to the store for any last minute ingredients and will keep you from possibly purchasing an unhealthy dessert while you are out too.
- • Variety of your favorite fruits (it can be raspberries, melons, bananas, peaches, pineapples or any seasoned fruit that suits your taste)
- • Honey or agave nectar
- • All-purpose cream
- • Yogurt
- • Ricotta cheese or any cheese of your choice
- • Non-fat milk
- • Almonds or walnuts
• ¾ cups of frozen cherries (pitted)
• 1 tablespoon toasted almonds (slivered)
• 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta
1. For 1 to 2 minutes, heat the cherries in the oven in high temperature until warm.
2. Top with ricotta and almonds for a rich taste.
• 1 medium sized banana
• 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
• 1 cup strawberries
• ½ cup vanilla yogurt
1. Peel banana. Split and place in a bowl.
2. Serve with strawberries almonds and vanilla yogurt on top.
• 1 ½ cups blueberries
• 1/3 cup skimmed ricotta cheese
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 ½ tablespoon sugar
• 2 tablespoon low-fat yogurt
• ½ medium banana (sliced)
1. Except blueberries, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend it for 2 minutes or until smooth.
2. Place the blueberries in a bowl.
3. Top the blueberries with the blended banana sauce.