O wow ! Its Grilled Cheese and Fish Stick Sandwich for Lunch today …!
This is a particular favorite in our household. It combines two things kids of all ages love: fish sticks and grilled cheese. Not only is this a tasty lunch, but it’s also good for you as well. While this may sound like a child’s lunch, I have known many adults to enjoy a good grilled cheese and fish stick sandwich, too.
Servings: 4 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
16 frozen fish sticks
8 slices of American (or your favorite variety) cheese
Butter or margarine
8 slices of bread (white bread seems to taste best, but use whatever kind you choose)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (or follow the instructions on the back of your frozen fish stick package).
2. Arrange fish sticks on a cookie sheet that has been prepared with cooking spray.
3. Cook fish sticks according to package directions or for 12 to 15 minutes, until brown.
4. Spread each slice of bread with butter or margarine on both sides.
5. Put one slice of cheese on one slice of bread
6. Put cooked fish sticks (using 3 to 4 fish sticks per sandwich) on top of the slice of cheese on the slice of bread.
7. Top fish sticks with another slice of cheese, and another slice of buttered bread.
8. Cook sandwiches in a skillet on the stovetop, over medium high heat, until they are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
9. Serve and enjoy!