Let’s face it – we don’t eat as much fish in our daily diets as we should. Sometimes that might be because we don’t really know how to prepare it. Here’s a simple flounder recipe that is not only a cinch to make, it’s bursting with flavor as well. It can be cooked on a grill, if available, or in an oven, if not.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time (grill): 8 minutes
Total Time (grill): 18 minutes
(if you use an oven):
Cook time (oven): 20 minutes
Total time (oven): 30 minutes
2 lbs. flounder filets
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
3 tablespoons mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
3 tablespoons chopped green onions
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Coat a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil (sized about 14 inches x 14 inches) with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place flounder filets on foil and brush each with lemon juice.
3. Crimp the foil, forming edges
4. Place the foil flat on the grill – do not seal into packets.
5. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and salt. Brush this mixture over the filets.
7. Grill the filets 3 to 4 minutes longer or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
(*tip: if you don’t want to use the grill or don’t have a grill available, you may bake the filets in the oven at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes, then add the topping mixture and broil for 5 more minutes).