Wow ! Its Busy Day Slow Cooker Chicken and Potato Soup for Dinner !
This soup is the perfect supper dish for a busy day. If you put the ingredients in the crock pot early in the morning, or even the night before, it makes it so much easier to just turn the crock pot on four to six hours before you plan to eat. You can basically set it and forget it, but you should stir it a few times during cooking time so that the soup doesn’t burn or stick to the sides of the slow cooker (which has been known to happen even with cooking spray in our house). Makes a great colder weather dinner dish!
Servings: 4 to 6
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total cook time: 6 hours 20 minutes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (preferably thawed but can be used frozen if time does not permit to thaw)
2 medium sized baking potatoes
2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 small cans of mushrooms
1 medium sized white onion
½ cup lowfat cottage cheese
1. Spray the bottom and sides of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Slice onion into thin slices and toss into slow cooker.
3. Cut potatoes into quarters, with skins left on. Throw into slow cooker.
4. Put chicken breasts into slow cooker.
5. Pour soup over chicken breasts.
6. Add canned mushrooms.
7. Spoon cottage cheese on top of chicken breasts.
8. Cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
*tip: you can add any vegetables that you and your family like to this soup – some suggestions are carrots, corn, celery or cabbage