Yeeee !!! Its Baked Spaghetti in Dinner today !
If your family is tired of the same old same old, this is a great twist on the traditional (boring) spaghetti and meatballs. Very easy to make, doesn’t take much time, this dish makes the perfect weeknight supper. It can be customized based on your tastes, substituting for the turkey sausage either turkey burger, hot Italian sausage or ground beef. Your family will be asking for seconds!
Servings: 4 – 6 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
12 oz box multi-grain spaghetti
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 medium onion, chopped
2 green bell peppers, chopped
1 tbsp dried basil
6 cups spaghetti sauce
½ lb cooked turkey sausage, sliced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the spaghetti on stove top, for about 10 minutes after it boils. Drain in a colander and set it aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Heat oil in large skillet on stove under medium high heat.
4. Add garlic, onion, peppers and basil, cook for three minutes
5. Add sauce and sausage, cook for 5 minutes.
6. Spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture into the bottom of a 9” x 13” baking dish.
7. Layer half of the spaghetti, half of the rest of the sauce mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
8. Repeat layers.
9. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, uncovered
10. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.